Monday 27 June 2011

So, it starts in T-Minus-4 days. How excited am I?

Well, quite. I got a little disheartened at the weekend only because I tried some funky light painting, but it didnt quite work as well as I thought. I was going for a blacked out room with some lighter action around a friends head (dangerous after a bottle of wine!). I don't think I had the right shuter speed (it was too short) but if I left it any longer the picture would have been too light to get the right effect. And because I didn't know how to correct it, I got disheartened and thought I would never be able to do it. Yes, I would like to run before I can walk. I know this, it's one of my 'development points' shall we say....
Anyway, I know a lot of people will feel like this when they have just taken up a hobby, so I'm still going to crack on with it.
I've told a few friends about the blog (and will invite them soon!) and asked for theme suggestions to help me on my 365 project. So far I have:

Reflections
Music or Sound
Urban
Black and White
Night shots
Numbers
Converging lines

If anyone has any other suggestions then please let me know, I would love some more!!

Speak to you in 4 days - I may have a one-personed launch party to celebrate (Gin & Tonic anyone?)

x

6 comments:

  1. Oooh. A new blog to read. Cool.

    How about a theme of Heroes & Villains?

    Pictures of me would obviously fall in to the hero camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire..glad you enjoyed my talk at 6/8!
    All the best Richard

    www.battyeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog :) Was nice to hear from you.

    Am looking forward to the next meet up for Birmingham Loves Photographers - will definitely say hi.

    Good luck on your 365 project - am currently toying with the idea of doing one too and was also going to start on 1st July but may delay it for a month to be a little more organised. Are you going to post your pictures on here daily? Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

    Pete...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you lovely lot!
    JD, Brilliant, thank you - you can be IT hero of the week!!
    Richard - thanks again, it was lovely to speak to you (You can see the said iPhone pics on the blog....!)
    Pete, thanks for your message! I'm going to post the daily pics..well...daily! so long as I have internet connection that is :) Please follow, and feel free to critique, I need all the help I can get!! It would be good to have a fellow 365'er, let me know if you decide to go ahead on 1st July, it could be a launch party for 2!
    See you at the next meet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claire,

    Ha ha! Think I was tired y'day when I wrote that message. I basically meant are you going to be using this blog to post your daily pics or somewhere else - just so I can follow. Apologies for sounding a bit thick :)

    I think I'm gonna do the project as of July 1st. As you said, it would be good to start at the same time as someone else and be able to encourage the other too. Also just looked at the calendar for the next year and it's not a 365 project but a 366 one due to it being a leap year in 2012! So there's an extra photo to be taken :)

    I'll put a link to your blog on mine too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete! is it really a 366? argh, well, thats step one (the actual NAME of the project) messed up already! haha...see, I need you on my team!
    Yes, I shall be blogging here, and posting to twitter hopefully! (funkymunkey001 on twitter)
    Feel free to suggest some themes for me - I won't stick rigidly to them all, but at least it gives me some nice stuff to aim for!
    I'm excited... :)

    ReplyDelete